PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Theme: Lemon Drops

Cindy Mead
01-14-2010, 10:45 PM
spritely finch of gold
fluttering among blossoms
bright as lemon drops

(haiku that I wrote this past spring)

I worked on this one a bit too long, and am still not 100% pleased with the results, but my eyes are going to drop out of my head if I don't quit ;) I extracted the goldfinch with topaz remask 2, then applied it as an overlay to the painted flower stem.. (used color wash throughout the flower petals). Then used topaz adjust 3 (simplify then flat) on another layer.. tweaked that one a bit then applied a texture overlay in multiply mode to give it a 'painting on linen' effect. My monitor is still not calibrated right, so this may appear too dark to some ..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments :)

denise ippolito
01-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Cindy, There you go again-knocking it out of the park! Excellent pp work and a lovely final image. Very nice Haiku to go with it. Just perfect!:)

Dan Brown
01-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Great job Cindy! The floral work is really on the mark for Chinese brush work and the textured BG is nice. Because the finch is facing right, I'm thinking that the chop would work better for balance if it were on the left. Lovely!

Paul Lagasi
01-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Good work Cindy, now I'll have to find another bird for mine...lolol..as stated above out of the park....TFS

Indranil Sircar
01-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Beautiful composition, Cindy. Great PS work and I liked the haiku.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Cindy I really like your comp, and the apple blossoms look great. I sort of like it dark, it seems to have more of a calm feel to it.

Cheryl Slechta
01-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Cindy, this is awesome. I love the bright color of the goldfinch contrasting with the softer violet colors.
And I love the haiku:)

denise ippolito
01-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Cindy, Big Congrats! Your image won our weekly theme contest!

Anita Bower
01-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Congratulations! This is a lovely image!! Exellent pp workd.

sandy richards
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Cindy, just beautiful, as always!
Congrats on the win!(I'm late here,I know - just now looking thru older images)