PDA

View Full Version : Yukon's Sapper hill.

gary rouleau
02-19-2008, 09:05 PM
After looking through one of my hiking trips to the Yukon I found this shot. I really like it and would love to get some ideas on how to make it better. And yes it was a point and shoot.
cheers
gary

John Cooper
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi Gary, Great lighting and detail of the rock texture. I like the angle you have chosen here with the rock formations leading the eye into the image. Maybe a little cropped off the featureless sky would strengthen composition but looks pretty good as is!!

Alfred Forns
02-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Gary I've been looking at this since early this morning Not sure what to do From your vantage point would have made the same image Would also have tried isolating features Sometimes the image is within the image !!!!

Robert Amoruso
02-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Gary,

I find that one FG rockface in the middle distracting as it grabs my eye and holds it. The middle ground rockface on the left is interesting. Hard to say move this way or that as you might have fallen off a cliff but in this case I would have moved left to examine how the close FG rock change perspective to the MG rock and then to the BG.

Bret Edge
02-21-2008, 11:40 AM
I tried a crop just above the FG ridge on the left that eliminates all sky and the BG mountains, and I really like it. The image is certainly nice as is but the sky doesn't hold much interest. Getting rid of it makes the image stronger.