PDA

View Full Version : Coleus Re-created

Julie Kenward
01-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Sometimes I just don't know when to stop! I took a perfectly nice image of a golden coleus from this past summer and put it into the fractalius plug-in. I think I used the shaggy preset but I really don't remember...then I brought that back into PS where I did a few curves and color adjustments. I then took the original and layed it over the top and chose softlight blend mode to fade over the fract'd version. Next, I dropped it into Nik's Colorefex and chose the stylizer filter set to "weird lines" and brought the image back into PS. I did a few last minute adjustments and here it is. Fract'd and stylized...what a weird combination!

denise ippolito
01-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I like it alot Jules. The tiny green piece URC and the small black bit top middle seem out of place. I know they are from the "weird lines" effect but I might clone them. I really like the composition and the wild and crazy colors! Very nice work!!:)

Cheryl Slechta
01-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Jules, I really like this. I love the colors and the shimmery textures that were created. The bulls-eyes between the
leaves are really cool:)

Jackie Schuknecht
01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow Jules, I just love it!!!!!

Julie Kenward
01-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Denise, those two small areas were both really dark in the original image so I used Viveza to bring the shadows up a bit...maybe that's why they look a bit different than the rest?

Ever since I got the Color Efex set of filters last month I've tried this stylizer filter out but it always looked ridiculous - not sure what made me think to try it here - I guess I figured with the fract'd stuff in there what could it hurt? ;):D;)

denise ippolito
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Jules, I don't know. The more I look at this the more interesting it is. The colors pull you in but the patterned lines keep you looking. Really nice.

Dan Brown
01-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Beautiful Julie! So much to look at!

I would love to see a selection of pieces from this forum in an art show! Great stuff!

Alfred Forns
01-14-2010, 10:05 PM
... would be one impressive collection Dan !!!!

Does have impact, visually strong Jules !! Yellow tones are just right, bright but not overly saturated !! I like it a lot !!

Cindy Mead
01-14-2010, 10:24 PM
wow ! I love the fascinating shapes/forms Julie.. and the colors rock. I could look at this one a long long time, excellent processing :)

Paul Lagasi
01-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Looks very 3D..jumps out at you...details unreal..TFS

Indranil Sircar
01-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Very nice composition, Julie. Love the colors and the details. Almost like real gold leaves!!!