PDA

View Full Version : Mount Moran sunset

Fabs Forns
01-14-2010, 07:27 PM
We almost froze waiting for good light on top of the hill facing Mount Moran. The reds never came, but we got some usable yellows. 3 image HDR, processed with Photomatix and Nik Color effex.

Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens (mm): 88
ISO: 200
Aperture: 22.6

Robert Amoruso
01-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Great use of layers of color to add depth in this image. I might try just a bit off the bottom (a matter of taste) and desaturate the trees somewhat. I like the sunset in the sky saturation just fine.

Anita Rakestraw
01-14-2010, 11:11 PM
You've got a great sense of separation between the sky and the mountains, Fabs. I like the placement of the various colors; very nice composition. I do think just a bit off the bottom makes it stronger, altho I couldn't say exactly why. :confused::D

Gerald_Gilligan
01-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Wow, amazing sky....I can see the crop off of the bottom and slight right could strengthen this image.
I like how the orange tree's intermingle with the lower tree line...
This was worth almost freezing !

Jerry

Morkel Erasmus
01-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I love the colour and the tonal separation Fabs. for my taste the hard edge between the mountains and sky looks a bit unnatural, almost as if it was "pasted". don't know if it's the monitor I'm viewing on though...;)

Dave Mills
01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi Fabs, good comp along with intense sky color. Agree with Robert regarding the toning down of the tree's coloration...

Roman Kurywczak
01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi Fabs,
Very unusual but for me there are a few issues.....probably from the HDR but definitely worth going back in for a retry! I agree that some of the yellow/oranges in the treeline seem a bit out of place. I also agree with Morkel that there is something going on at the base of Moran and the tree line......almost a weird halo?.....The yellows in the sky appear a bit hot also so maybe a general tone down on them will help overall. I'm fine with the comp as presented as it gives me just the right amount of base for my tastes. Looking forward to seeing this one again if you get a chance to rework it.

Dan Wolin
02-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Love the scene a lot but I agree with the comments - sometimes HDR can look a little plasticky.

Jay Gould
02-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I think the yellows are blindingly beautiful; I would like a little contrast in the mountains, if possible. I like colors so no problem with the orange either; however, the blue-purple is weird in the center.

Crop from the bottom - matter of taste; crop from the side and loose some of the beautiful sky - no!

TFS - I like it!