PDA

View Full Version : A Little Crack

Anita Rakestraw
01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Does this do much for anyone?? :p Thanks for your comments!

1-14-2010
1DMk 3, 100-400mm @ 200mm
1/500, f/22, ISO 400
Handheld looking down at the lake from a bridge

Bob Decker
01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi Antia. I like it though, to be honest, I think I'd like it more if there wasn't a crack. There's some interesting pattern there. Color seems a little too blue for my taste. Maybe warm it up a bit.

Gail Spitler
01-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi Anita
I like idea in this image. I kept hoping with the 2 previous lake images that you'd get closer; find the patterns in the snow and the light. I like the crack crossing the other lines. I think it would help if you had gotten lower (if possible) to get more of a feeling of depth, of the crack moving away into the distance.
Congrats on doing all this experimentation. I feel that it must be very important to get more inspiration and creativity into our photographs. I find it is really great to take a point & shoot out to just play, to just relax and look. Really helps to rejuvenate me.
Cheers
Gail

Oscar Zangroniz
01-14-2010, 10:02 PM
I agree with both comments from Bob. The crack distracts a little from the image, is the first thing your eye goes to.

Gus Cobos
01-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi Anita,
I like the composition and capture with the diagonal crack...the crack adds You have good details and texture. Would correct the blue color cast...aside from this, it good...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Lance Peters
01-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi Anita - for my personal tastes I am going to agree with Gail - like the experimentation but as presented doesn't quite get to were it needs to go.
Ahhh but if you had fun doing it - nothing else matters really. ;)

Anita Rakestraw
01-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Thanks very much to all of you for responding with your thoughts. Yes, I've been doing alot of experimenting lately and it has been alot of fun for me, a great way to keep those winter doldrums away!

Gus Hallgren
01-15-2010, 10:27 AM
i Anita

I admire your creativey and desire to experiment. It's like, if you don't gamble you can't win!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and your photo inspires me to think. A slight texture may
add some interest?

Thanks for sharing.

Uncle Gus

Jeff Cashdollar
01-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Like the out of the box thinking!

Alfred Forns
01-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi Anita I looked at the one after this one first and got the same suggestion, just the lower angle and shooting with light lower in the horizon. Sort of like shooting in white sands ... first few minutes after sunrise is best !!!

Richard Waas
01-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi Anita. Maybe the crack, maybe not, but agree with getting down low. I think it would create more shadow patterns. I love your "get out and have fun" attitude....