PDA

View Full Version : elephant face ,b&w conversion

peter delaney
01-14-2010, 02:04 PM
D3 600mm lens 1/400 @ f8 iso 1250 .. bean bag,plus panning plate.

Hope you do not mind but another image from my elephant series...this elephant was photographed around midday at waterhole were she covered herself in grey/silver mud...

David Fletcher
01-14-2010, 02:55 PM
If there's an image study of texture and Elephant, this is it. VWD! Repeating myself, but like this and lots to enjoy.

Harshad Barve
01-14-2010, 07:23 PM
excellent image , textures and details are spot on
TFS

Alfred Forns
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
My favorite from the series Peter, precise crop and love the texture !!! Big Congrats !!

Stu Bowie
01-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Excellent detail Peter, and good work on the conversion. Central placement in the frame works well too.

Steve Kaluski
01-15-2010, 05:26 AM
A very impressive beast & image. I think the comp & texture has been well executed and that the conversion works very well here.

Peter have you seen Michel Denis-Huot's work? If not, take a look, might be worth it. The reason I suggest this is because of his shot that was runner up in the 'Shell' awards 2007. Just a thought.:)

TFS
Steve

peter delaney
01-17-2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks for comments everybody....

thanks alfred and david, really appreciate the feed back...

thanks stuart, harshad for commenting also

Steve thanks for comments..i am big fan of bbc wildlife have entered the last two and only got to the semi final stage..but to be honest thats all my images deserved ...have only been doing wildlife for just 3 yrs on a part time basis so still have steep learning curve..
i cant believe i had not seen that image before as i either go to the exhibition or get the book of the bbc competition ,, fantastic image..
www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy/prevPhoto.do?photo=2329&year=2007&category=49

so appreciate the heads up..think my one still not up to that standard yet but who knows :)

Steve Kaluski
01-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Hi Peter you are more than welcome, I just thought it might be of interest as I said, 'food for thought' for the future.;)

I actually met him albeit very briefly whilst in the Mara. At that time he spending about 8-9 months of the year touring around working out of a small form of 'campa van' that converted to field kitchen/bed/camera hide.

All the best
Steve