PDA

View Full Version : wave in the sky

Joel Brueziere
01-14-2010, 03:26 AM
http://www.eyesonsky.com/mig/albums/Divers/Clouds/jura-soir.jpg
Evening near Lausanne, Switzerland. Just crop.
Nikon coolpix 4500 - 1/291 seconds - F4.5 - ISO 100

david cramer
01-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Wonderful color, patterns and composition. I might try to bring up the blues a bit.

Anita Rakestraw
01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
What a beautiful sky!! Good eye! Maybe could crop more off the bottom?

Fabs Forns
01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Very interesting cloud formations. The lower clouds look like mountain tops.

Robert Amoruso
01-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Joel,

This is a really cool cloud formation. I feel the problem I have with the composition is the lack of interest on the lower 1/3. It feels very heavy on the top and light on the bottom making the structure of the image feel unbalanced to me. I tried cropping of the bottom right up to the bottom layer of clouds and even losing some of them I feel it strengthens the image. I up the saturation to and recommend that here.

As an experiment I rotated the image 180 deg. and think it works better like that, in my crop. In your OP, I rotated it and cropped off the lower 1/3 (now the upper 1/3) and thought that looked good.

Anyway, some things to think about.

Dave Mills
01-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi Joel, Beautiful cloud formation along with color and light. I also rotated the image 180 and liked it better that way but a radical departure from what you started with....

Roman Kurywczak
01-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Joel,
Very unsusual and dramatic sky. Excellent advice and thoughts above. I will ask.....where did you crop? If it was off the top....then add that back....bring it up a bit with a few tweaks and crop off the bottom. Would also work as a flipped abstract! Very nicely seen!

Joel Brueziere
01-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi Joel,
Very unsusual and dramatic sky. Excellent advice and thoughts above. I will ask.....where did you crop? If it was off the top....then add that back....bring it up a bit with a few tweaks and crop off the bottom. Would also work as a flipped abstract! Very nicely seen!
I just crop the bottom