PDA

View Full Version : Evening clouds over El Capitan

Indranil Sircar
01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Here is one more image from Yosemite... I had taken this image a while ago but manged to process only recently. The settings were @18mm, 1/25sec, F6.3, ISO 100 on stand with shutter release. Your C&C will be appreciated.

~ Indranil

Morkel Erasmus
01-13-2010, 11:33 PM
I like the composition and light Indranil, but something in the trees is amiss? Looks like some levels adjustments that spilled over?

Indranil Sircar
01-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Thanks Morkel. I see it. It is from usm artifacts. Here is a repost...

Morkel Erasmus
01-14-2010, 03:07 AM
looking better. I would be tempted to try a pseudo-HDR here to get better detail up front...

Ed Cordes
01-14-2010, 09:33 AM
I love the light on the rock. The cloud on top makes the image really different. Agree about the bottom being a bit dark. Perhaps just a bit of HDR type adjustment but not much.

Fabs Forns
01-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I like your Yosemite images a lot. I think you still have artifacts on the cloud in the upper middle.

Robert Amoruso
01-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Indranil,

It you want to open up the shadows, you can do it just as good with PS Shadow/Highlight adjustment. In my repost I did just that. I also created a Selective Color adjustment and added 100% M, Y, and B and 65% C to intensify the mountain.

I created a Hue/Saturation adjustment and desaturated Blue completely to remove the color cast on the rock face and render it neutral. Also desaturated Yellow and Red to get better detail in the sunlight portion on the rock. Color adjustments may not be to your tastes - just something to think about.

Indranil Sircar
01-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Hi Robert, thanks a lot the suggestions. One of issues I had with s/h was that it was leaving a halo around the trees. What I had done was to copy, multiply the blending mode and reduce the opacity to 80% and then used a layer mask to open up the dark areas. Let me work on the original as you have suggested and see how it turns out. Thanks again.

Gerald_Gilligan
01-15-2010, 03:29 AM
Indranil,
I like your second post, and Roberts post to bring out some of the shadows, the blue tone in the sky seems a little unusual...Overall nice image !

Jerry

Dave Mills
01-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi Indranil, I like the basic comp and how Robert was able to bring up the foreground. I also like how the detail in the clouds were increased but the sky color is a bit over the top for my taste.

Roman Kurywczak
01-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi Indranil,
Comp is very good but agree with the shadow areas and color of sky....way too cyan for my tastes. This one is definitely worth reworking!