PDA

View Full Version : Wood Stork in flight

Oscar Zangroniz
01-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Quite a few of these guys were out on a chilling afternoon st shark valley.
Nikon D300s, Nikon 300mm 2.8 vr w/1.4tc @630mm, F5, 1/1600, ISO 400, Aperture Priority, Exposure Comp @+2/3, hand held

Bill Dix
01-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Oscar - I love this. Beautifully sharp, caught just in the nick of time with great wing spread as he went past. Good detail in the blacks and whites, and great color. I wonder if just a touch of selective sharpening around the eye and face might pop it out more. But that's a nitpick. Beautiful image IMHO.

Anita Rakestraw
01-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Love that wing spread, Oscar!! I didn't know they had that orangey coloration beneath their wings; of course,I've never seen one of these. I like the detail in the feathers on the body. To me, the head looks oversharpened, but then again, since I've not seen a wood stork....:confused::D Some noise, I think, in that bottom wing. Haloing around the bird. And I think the head is just a bit turned away making you vulnerable to the HAP, lol! But good show!

Gail Spitler
01-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Super image Oscar. I like the sharpness, the composition, great bg --- very nice. I wondered about the head too, it does look over-sharpened but as Anita said, maybe that's the way the come.
Well done
Cheers
Gail

Gus Cobos
01-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Nice capture with good under wing details Oscar. I like the flight capture angle with the out stretched wing span. The color rendition is good. The head is a tad over sharpened and there is a halo around the bottom portion of your wings...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Richard Waas
01-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Great capture Oz with fabulous detail. Maybe rework PS around the head and lower wind and you've got a wallhanger for sure.... Congrats!!

kostas nianiopoulos
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
verry verry good Oscar ..amazing image u got there , the coments of the friends above are cover me . well done .

Alfred Forns
01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Good one Oscar Those guys look their best when seen from the bottom !!!

I think the original is a little under so you had to lighten the image, I love the orange underneath but only shows that strong when underexposed. Without much of an overcast the basic exposure is around one stop so here I'm guessing two or more !! ... might blow the entire sky but that is fine !!!

Good capture and I'm glad those guys are active. .... btw there were lots of birds at Anhinga Trail also, they did have a fish kill form the cold but most have been eaten !!!

Lance Peters
01-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi Oz - love the pose - flight angle and details - agree about the Halo's.
Looks like AL has it nailed :)

Kathleen Lapergola
01-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi Oscar, I think this is a wonderful capture and love the details in the wings. Also perfect timing just as he was entering the frame. :)