PDA

View Full Version : Knee deep coyote

Don Riley
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Taken just outside of West Yellowstone. Made adjustments in lightroom, cropped and sharpened in PS.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy274/amphotographer888/lr-04632.jpg

EOS 40D
600 mm
1/1500 sec
f/4.5
ISO 200

Harshad Barve
01-13-2010, 09:22 PM
excellent pose and eye contact
Too tight for my taste and another round of USM may help
TFS

peter delaney
01-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Don , image seems very soft, could be due to large crop, or camera shake , to be honest another round of sharpening will not help if original file is soft..it sesms to be that FG seems sharper so maybe your AF locked on there.

if possible can you gives us more details regarding to size of crop or if u use tripod or shot from your vehicle..and that will help us give you more advice

peter

agree with Harshad that crop is too tight

Don Riley
01-14-2010, 02:13 AM
I guess I didn't notice before but your right Peter I checked and the original file is soft. I got a few more shots of this coyote though so I'll post a much sharper picture of him to the forum when I can. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ed Cordes
01-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Don, making this image must have been exciting. I really like the head turn and the exposure. Since you cropped it, I might suggest trying one with significantly less crop. To my eye it looks too tight and seems to have lost some detail in the process. While you are cropping you might consider leaving some space on the right for the animal to "walk into".

Alfred Forns
01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Don

Excellent comments One good thing to do before working on an image is checking at 100% to make sure is sharp ... agree with Peter on not being able to sharpen a soft one, turns them peculiar looking !!

A good starting rule of thumb for the size is frame would be around 80% ... but best do it to taste !!