PDA

View Full Version : A tale of two seasons

Fabs Forns
01-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Some of you may remember this scene I took the first week of fall:

http://birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47471

This is three months later (aprox) under very white conditions. I hope no one took the mountains away :)
Two image HDR, lots of trouble getting the sky to look even. Original was VERY blue because of light temp.
Mormon Row, Jackson.

Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens (mm): 24-105 @ 24mm
ISO: 640
Aperture: 8
Shutter: 1/50

Dave Mills
01-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi Fabs, This image really works for me. The tree is acting as a foreground and also points(branches) in the direction of the barn. Very well exposed with alot of detail in the tree and barn. The sky was well worth the effort...

Gerald_Gilligan
01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
For me, this is a well balanced image with the foreground tree prominent and sharp and the Barn and back ground tree's softened by the sky and mist.

Ed Cordes
01-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Fabs, this is striking! I like the almost monotone of the BG with only the barn and golden grass for color. Realy captures the conditions the early pioneers had to deal with.. I liked the clouds in the original due to their drama. But this would be my choice to display. BTW, maybe the clouds ate the mountains since Fall??

Robert Amoruso
01-14-2010, 09:05 PM
You balanced this image out well with the FG tree, the barn and the two lines of trees in the BG. I strong diagonal leading line into the image. The void BG stands in stark contrast the detail of the tree and barn.

I am guessing that at least two images with different focusing distances were used. Seems to me f/8 would not have enough DOF though I have not bothered to check the hyper-focal distance of this f/stop and focal length.

Fabs Forns
01-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Same distance, one darker one lighter, didn't move anything but the s/s.

Thanks all for your comments.

Nancy A Elwood
01-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Fabs I know this place well. This image is so different and very striking!! Very pleasing to look like, almost calming.

Roman Kurywczak
01-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi Fabs,
Remember this image well! differnece no one mentioned is on this version....you got all the right side branches and the other distant trees on the RH side also frame the image nicely. Well worth the effort, both can stand nicely on their own but I prefer this one.....just for the different view. It really does show off the barn nicely.....so losing the mountains made the barn the star this time! Very nicely done!