PDA

View Full Version : Goldenrod Leaves

Anita Bower
01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I've been playing around with textures, so haven't had any images to post on this forum. I have missed the give and take. Here is a photo from December.

Taken indoors using natural light from window and white foam board reflector.
Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro lens, 13 sec., f57 (relative or effective), ISO 125, pattern metering, manual exposure, manual focus using live view. Detail brought out a bit in Topaz Adjust. RAW conversion in Elements 7, PP in PS 7.

Julie Kenward
01-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I saw this on your website and really liked it. I can't help but wonder if it would be even stronger with the white areas converted to black? I like how the white echoes the frost on the leaves but I keep wanting something more dramatic...could just be me. ;)

I absolutely dig this composition, though. The way the leaves flow from one end of the frame to the other and the way you let them - you didn't try to box them into a pre-cut frame size. Nicely done!

Anita Bower
01-14-2010, 07:36 AM
I can't help but wonder if it would be even stronger with the white areas converted to black?

Jules: I agree that a black BG would be excellent. I've tried converting white to black, but it looks fake. Also tried some textures, but wasn't happy with them. I will just have to wait until next winter and take another photo with a black bg. :)

Mike Moats
01-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Hey Anita, these goldenrod leaves are always very cool as they curl up for the winter, I've attempted shots of these leaves but have never gotten a good one yet. You did well on yours. Nice design in the structure and good details, and works well with the high key look.