PDA

View Full Version : Four Spotted Pennant

Don Lacy
01-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Here is an image of a Four Spotted Pennant made at Viera.
You can tell this is a newly emerged Four Spotted from its coloration which will turn blueish as it matures and by the fact that the wings have not developed their spots, one on each wing thus the name Four Spotted. Another image found in my unprocessed files that survived the second edit:)

Ken Childs
01-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Are those spider web threads flowing out from both sides of the perch or just something weird that happened in editing? Whatever it is, it's a bit distracting. Other than that, it looks great.

I love those freshly emerged dragons. They hold still longer. :)

Allen Sparks
01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Beautiful image and I like the solitary perch. Great background. I agree on the spider web being a bit distracting.

Julie Kenward
01-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Don, another really beautiful DF image - I'm just stunned every time I see one of these because I know how difficult it is to get them right. What I love most about this one is the gradient BG - the way it falls off at the bottom is so beautiful and it gives the eye a place to fall out of the frame at the bottom when one is done looking at that sweet little spotted DF.

I really like the spiderweb because it causes tension in the image but agree that it isn't quite strong enough to keep us from wondering if it's real or a misprint. If it looks better in the larger version I'd keep it in...if not, I think I'd clone it out.

Vida van der Walt
01-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Another beautiful DF image Don. Love the soft light, colours, bg and perch. I would prefer a bit more space in the front of the DF and a bit less behind but it is not a big issue. :)

Mike Moats
01-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Hey Don, you really nail these D-fly shots. It has a nice pop against the great BG.:)

Ed Cordes
01-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Nicely done. I usually don't mind the spider webs, but here they are so straight I thought I was looking at an old film image that developed a scratch.;)

Charles Wesley
01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Don,

Like this very clean image and agree with the others. Thanks for sharing...