PDA

View Full Version : Delicate Arch Comparison

Roman Kurywczak
02-19-2008, 06:47 PM
OK............I wasn't going to post another Delicate Arch shot but...........Arthur Morris gave me a good idea in the avian post. Compare a few images to discuss differences we like or dislike in them. So here goes........taken on my recent Arches NP trip first day. Canon Mark3 with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm. Tripod mounted for 30 seconds at f4.5 at ISO1600.
Difference from original post can be seen here as it was 5 days later; http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4760
I couldn't get as close this day as the ice and snow were treacherous. Approximately the same time of night (maybe an hour difference). Dramatic differnce in the # of stars because of ISO 6400 in first post..........the clouds get their glow from Moab light pollution and they gave a little light bounce to hills behind arch. I like them both as they seem very different.
As always, comments welcomed,
Roman

PS I have a star trail shot from this day also

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Robert Amoruso
02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Even though the arch is smaller here, I like the composition of having it int he lower left and the cloud in the slightly higher right. Kind of balances off the arch. I like either and would not pick one over the other in this case.

Alfred Forns
02-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Both cool in their own way This has more color the other pure impact Like them both very much Big Congrats !!!

Arthur Morris
02-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi Roman, I like them both. Was not sure if I was looking at stars or snow... I do like this one a bit better. Are you lighting the arch with a flash light?

later and love, artie

Roman Kurywczak
02-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks all,
To Artie's question..........a very big 10 million candle power flashlight in today's.........and my headlamp in the old post as I was much closer.
Roman

Phil Colla
02-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Both are super, very different from one another due to the placement and size of the arch in the frame. You've really got these dialed in, well done.

Arthur Morris
02-20-2008, 03:14 AM
Thanks all, To Artie's question..........a very big 10 million candle power flashlight in today's.........and my headlamp in the old post as I was much closer. Roman

Thanks Roman. The snow on the Arch itself looks a bit hot so maybe you should have used the 9 million c.p. flashilight <smile>

Still love it. Later and love, artie