PDA

View Full Version : Hold still!

Marc Mol
01-13-2010, 01:40 AM
It's not often you see Leopard cubs giving affection via some preening. This little female on the left was really embracing her brother, so much so that she was really digging her claws into him to stop him from squirming free.:D
Deception Valley, Central Kalahari Game Reserve- Botswana Sept '09
D3 500VR 1/350s ISO200@f/4.8

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

http://africaddict.smugmug.com/Nature/Botswana-Sept-2009/D315568a/763649390_bB5La-XL.jpg

Steve Kaluski
01-13-2010, 02:16 AM
Hi Marc, really difficult to avoid any grass in these situations, but a privilege to see I am sure. A slightly faster shutter speed would have helped here I think. Still, a nice capture of a tender moment.

Steve;)

Harshad Barve
01-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Lovely moment captured here , Dont know man , when I will get those Leopard cubs, VWD
TFS

Marc Mol
01-13-2010, 03:59 AM
Thanks Harshad.

Hi Marc, really difficult to avoid any grass in these situations, but a privilege to see I am sure. A slightly faster shutter speed would have helped here I think. Still, a nice capture of a tender moment.

Steve;)

Thanks Steve
It certainly was quite difficult trying to get a reasonably clear shot amongst the yellow grass and acacia scrub.
Forgot to mention, I had to remove a couple of twigs that were across the face of both cubs.
Also not quite sure why you say a faster s/s would have helped?, I would have preferred an increase in DOF to have both cubs in better focus, as the male cub is sharp (from my tiff file at least, not quite so here when resized for web).

David Fletcher
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Superb sighting Marc. Done well despite the blighters doing there best to remain hidden in the grass. With you on the dof and feel the focus may have been more rewarding had it been on the nearer cub, but heck, that is so minor as to be frivolous. VWD and wish I had it. :)

Fabs Forns
01-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Lovely interaction, I hate grass myself, always in the way.
You all me and vignetting, so I added one to keep the attention in the center, hope you like it.

Alfred Forns
01-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Just an over the top fun image !! Great re post Fabs !!

With these having some clear look at face and particularly eyes makes it for me !!