1/640
F5.6
ISO 100
220 mm
Pattern
0-exposure

Mark Adkins
01-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Nice action and pose on the osprey. Looks like the image would benefit from some sharpening. Were you able to use a tripod? The angle made some distracting branches in the image. Good luck!

Alfred Forns
01-12-2010, 11:14 PM
HI Vince Tough lighting on this one and not a lot you can do about it !! The side of the bird is a bit blown and you could have used more behind the head area !!! .. just softer light earlier/later in the day would help.

From the steep angle and looks of it might be a very large crop? Tough to make them razor sharp like that and if you try sharpening in PS they start looking funky !!!

Did come up with a good pose and clean for a nesting image. With these might try to wait for the bird to take off and catch them if flight !!!

Lance Peters
01-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Hi Vince - agree with AL on this one - One of the hardest things to do when you are starting out is to have patience - Light wasn't the best here and thinking it must be a huge crop - too many factors working against you.

But - you have more opportunities - looking forward to seeing more :)

Gus Cobos
01-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Hi Vince,
I like the capture...the techs. and sound advice covered by Mr. Forns and Mr. Peters...It does look a tad on the soft side...looking forward to the next one...:cool:

VinceRossi
01-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Here is a repost with some of the items I was able to do. removed the branch from in front aand did a little sharpening. Wish I could learn selective sharpening. I have tried the one Al Recommnded but wasn't able to get it to work. Senior moments I guess. The lighting was about 4:30 at night in August. A monpod was used. From now on I will probably be using a tripod for more stability, in my quest to get sharper images. Yes AL it was cropped quite abit.

Oscar Zangroniz
01-13-2010, 09:37 PM
The re post is a lot better. Glad you were able to remove the branch and an improvement with the sharpening