PDA

View Full Version : Great tit

Jacqui Hendry
02-19-2008, 04:55 PM
After hundreds of photographs and several days of standing out in the cold, I finally managed to get a photograph which I had seen in my minds eye.

When I first had a camera last year my Dad bought me a magazine and in it was a photograph of a Robin in flight which I thought was absolutley beautiful, never in my life would I have thought that one day I would be able to get an image like that.... I know that this isnt as good as the image I saw, But I am rather pleased with it all the same :)

Canon 1DmkII, 300f4 + 1.4, f9, ISO 1000, 1/2000, -1/3, tripod

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Love the action you captured in this image Jacqui and excellent timing. Very pretty pose with good eye contact and I like the touch of blur in the wings suggesting the movement in the wings. The only nit for me and it is a small one and that is the white on the head looks a tad hot on my monitor. Congratulations on getting this image and thanks for sharing.

Larry Daniel
02-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Wow, excellent IMO. Very sharp and the wing blur gives it a sense of motion. A bit more room on the left side would be nice, or maybe crop up toward the tail might even be more to my liking. Very pretty photo.

Stephen Stephen
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
I like the action in this one Jacqui. I agree with Larry about a possible crop. Did you try and on these in landscape mode?

John Cooper
02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
A beautiful capture here Jacqui and you should be very pleased with the result. The exposure is spot on, a catch-lite in that dark eye (an "empty" eye socket is a pet aversion of mine) and just enough movement in wing tips to convey the braking action. Very well done indeed !!!

Maxis Gamez
02-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Lovely capture and pose. The light is very nice. I would love the see this image in horizontal.

David Steele
02-20-2008, 12:15 AM
I agree with Judy Lynn except perhaps for the comment about the white on the head. I think the cropping is perfect as is. This is a great image.

IvoZafirov
02-20-2008, 02:33 AM
I realy appreciate your work here! I know very well what your "mind eye sees":) as I also try to get such a shot on my feeder.

Good job once again!

Vincent Grafhorst
02-20-2008, 05:31 AM
Practice makes perfect! Wonderful photo.

Jacqui Hendry
02-20-2008, 10:32 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind comments,

I do have other images of a similar action in landscape mode but I wasn't as pleased with them, But I do plan on trying to get some more :-)

Jacqui

Steve Crutchfield
02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Great capture.....really like the wings ...

Martin Dyer
02-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Cracking shot Jacqui - well done.

Looking at the histogram, the whites are just fine

Martin