PDA

View Full Version : Monument Valley Icon

Rich Ikerd
02-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Almost the typical iconic view of the mittens and Merrick Butte, but I sort of like the offset look in this one. Taken at sunset in spring 2006. The pano is five vertical images, each converted to an HDR image using the single-image feature of Photomatix and then stitched with Panorama Factory.

David Kennedy
02-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I really like the colors and the flow of this image, but there's a part of me that longs for less foreground and more sky. You could try cropping a bit off the bottom to balance it a bit more--but be sure to keep all of the dirt track in the image, as it provides a nice leading line for the eyes. Cropping up to the tour loop would also make the mittens feel less distant.

Alfred Forns
02-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Classic image Rich !!!! I think it would be even stronger with a little of the bottom but is just taste Does look gorgeous as presented !!!! Big Congrats !!!

Manos Papadomanolakis
02-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Fantastic image Rich,i love the colors and light!!!

Robert Amoruso
02-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Rich,

I am AOK with it as presented. I don't feel more cloubs would be the way to go but perhaps more FG. I agree with Alfred. Thanks for the details on the technique.

Roman Kurywczak
02-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm with the a hair less sky crew. Don't think you need more foreground.........but all these nits are personal taste...........doesn't detract from the fact that this is stunning!
Very well done,
Roman

Robert O'Toole
02-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Excellent as is.

As far as personal taste goes I am in the less FG group.

Robert

Howard Burkert
02-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Rich, Tonal values of your image are stunning! The light was with you on this one. The image needs two things, a nice frame and a price tag!!
Best,
Howard

Bob Ettinger
02-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Beautiful as is but a little off the bottom might be interesting.