Canon 40D
Tamron 17-50mm
32mm
F5.6
10"
ISO 100
EC -.67
nearly full frame
5:50 a.m., just before sunrise last spring...

contrasted the center trees and sharpened them. not much else done to the image. this is my first attempt at taking a photo trying to blur water. Which I should have done with moving water close by, but this is what I got.
What do you think? Something seems wrong with it to me.....

Myer Bornstein
01-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I would crop the water around the lighter blue. the lower reflections bother me since they are not a complete image of the main scene. My preference

Cheryl Flory
01-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Myer, I do have the entire reflection, but was trying to keep the horizon out of the center of the image....
what do you think?

Myer Bornstein
01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Cheryl
Here is my crop see what you think

Jeff Cashdollar
01-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Its all about feel, I like the picture from a distance. It not only brings the reflection into play but gives the subject some depth - but that's me. In this case, the smooth water and the reflection would be part of the subject - IMO?

Cheryl - like what you are doing here.

Anita Rakestraw
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Chery, I like this alot; the blurred water is lovely. My choice would also be the full image. I played with opening the shadows, and also with different color temps - interesting variations that you might try, just for fun if nothing else. :D

Gus Cobos
01-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi Cheryl,
I like the full reflection, and the quality of the water...would suggest a little of CCW rotation, its a tad slanted, and might want to increase the contrast just slightly not too much...these images are about feel. I like it...show me more...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
01-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Great image Cheryl. For my taste I like your second post. I like to see all of the reflection, do agre with Gus that it needs a little CCW rotation.
Congrats

Alfred Forns
01-12-2010, 02:33 PM
This is one of the toughest to decide which I like !!

Initially I liked the cropped low post but but the water blur does not help it just like for the full reflection image. Would go with your original !! Interesting and like what you did with the water !!!