PDA

View Full Version : Flight Path

Bill Foxworthy
01-02-2008, 06:36 PM
My second post and thought I would see how this image measures up. Lots of great photographers and tremendous images coming in here. I photographed a group of Pelicans at Emerson Point Florida and happen to create this image by the fishing docks at Palmetto, Fl. this Dec. 07.
I mainly use my Canon 40D for images and this was also using my 100-400 L Lens at 400mm and using partial metering.
I decided that f/7.1 works well with this lens and I was using 1/1000sec and high speed continous mode for a full 6.5fps on this image. My WB was at 5000k and the ISO was 800 which I mostly use all the time. The wings are blurred but I tried to get the body and head/eyes as sharp a possible. I created what I thought looked good to me and wait for your decisions? BF

George DeCamp
01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey Bill!

Nice detail on the wing that is open and head and beak. Starts to loose some ompf in the right wing, maybe a little noise or blur. I like the image but also wish the white line in the water was not there. I think it could use some USM as well? These birds are a blast to watch and photograph, looking forward to getting there in Feb myself.

Good job!!

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I really like the pose, but the bird doesn't have any room to "fly" into. Also the white stripe in the water really draws my eye from the subject. Also the dark side of the wing looks noisy. Hopefully these comments help! Welcome aboard!