PDA

View Full Version : Bumble Bee Landing

Jeff Sorbie
01-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Sony A700 + Sony 18-250mm, 1/1000, f/6.3, ISO 320

Julie Kenward
01-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Jeff, thanks for including your exif data...would you like to add anything else about the image - how you created it or what you like best about it? Did you learn anything while making it?

For my taste, the lighting is a bit harsh on the plant - it looks like this might be mid day or direct sunlight although the BG colors are fairly soft. I'd tone down the green at the top to include the same level of softness as you see in the rest of the BG. It would also be nice to see a better view of the bee - more detail in the face might come out with a shadow/highlight adjustment. Good job of stopping the bee in motion - there's no blurriness and those little guys are quick!

Jeff Sorbie
01-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks Jules. To be honest I was just making sure I did not get stung...:)

It was close to midday and I had just purchased the new Sony 18-250mm. It was taken in Kanata, Ontario. I work in Lightroom mostly and will see if I can adjust the picture some. I still have alot to learn about CS4 and Lightroom.

Thanks for the comment.

denise ippolito
01-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Jeff, The colors are lovely and I think you did a good job considering the harsh light. Jules makes some really good points. Nicely done. Looking forward to more.