PDA

View Full Version : Not smart !!!!!!

Alfred Forns
01-10-2010, 10:38 AM
One crazy lady !!! Image made outside Jackson Wyoming, found two bull moose and four cows feeding close to the road. It was cold and snowing and the animals were quiet going about their business, we all kept our prudent distance.

After a while they decided to cross the road and this lady just stood there without a care !!! This bull crossed within ten feet of her (maybe less) and the others not much further away !! ... probably got a head shot with a point and shoot in WA :)

Comments welcome and much appreciated

LouBuonomo
01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Natural Selection........................

Gus Cobos
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
This is a "CLOSE ENCOUNTER" of the first kind...:eek::D. The lady is lucky that Mr. Moose was in a good Holiday festive mood...:D Love the capture Mr. Forns...:cool:

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Some times I wonder who's the animal???
TFS Al.

Alfred Forns
01-10-2010, 11:19 AM

.. great one Lou :)

Grace Scalzo
01-10-2010, 12:40 PM
They both appear rather unimpressed with the other.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Do moose get aggressive/territorial once in a while when humans are around?

Jamie Strickland
01-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Axel Moose will attack people, they are not as aggresive as some other animals but you would have to be out of your mind to be that close

Alfred remember that evening when the bull elk was chasing the little guy and that chineese girl stood right in front of him as he charged up the hill, I was telling her to move out of the way and what does she do she walks towards him. She was out of her mind, everyone else was scattering and she was trying to get closer lol

not a good time to be chimping either that close :)

Alfred Forns
01-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Axel when I was in that area with Jamie we saw a cow moose charge some photographers, they had do dive under a camper ... from a distance it looked funny but it was not for the ones involved !!!

The ones I have seen seem gentle enough but I would advice given them the room !!! ... same goes for the bison, some people get real close to them and they will charge !!!

Paul Lagasi
01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Up here we have plenty of moose..if I was this close to one...I think I'd be watching him, not looking at my camera.
I've always been told these animals are most dangerous during breeding or when a cow has young with her. Been this close before to a bull but was well hidden and up a tree. Some people though ..... I'll leave it at that

Julie Kenward
01-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I can't believe she didn't think she might possibly be in danger. I've been that close to a bison (was in my car when it walked by and blacked out the entire driver's side of my car with it's girth) but even inside the car I knew...KNEW...it was not the time to be outside taking a photo of him!

Ed Cordes
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM

Yup! Darwin at work.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
People just do not know the danger !!!!! Incredible and way to close for comfort. Great timing Alfred.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-12-2010, 06:56 AM
:eek: Somewhere I read about natural selection..... and common sense, which funnily ain't so common. DOH!!!

Bill McCrystyn
01-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Kinda reminds me of some of the Bear trips you guys all take. Whatsa matta fo u? :eek: