PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Fire

Roman Kurywczak
01-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Well I promised a part 2 to my fire post.....here is the end result to the vision.
This was a collaboration of sorts. I had discussed with another BPN'er, Susan Candelario my vision of the flames I had photographed earlier as she does wonderful water drop work! Well as it turned out Denise Ippolito was going with me to Dekorte park to photograph birds (total bust).....when I got the call from Susan to check out a few changes she was planning for my website......since we were close we popped over. After 30 seconds of checking the changes .....and once Denise saw Susan's water drop shots.....the fun really began. A few hours and about 1000 frames later....here is one of the results. I must say I had a real blast with these 2 very talented ladies and the brainstorming to make this happen was something to see!

Canon 1D Mark lll with a 100mm macro tripod mounted with 3 flashed controlled by water drop trigger (it's Susan's!) at f22 and 1/250 sec. and ISO 400. Flashes at 1/32 power. Fire image printed as BG.

denise ippolito
01-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Roman, This came out really nice. The PP work really put this over the top. I got some great shots also and will post one soon. Susan was so much fun and she opened her home to us on a moments notice. Susan is extremely talented and creative:) I always wanted to meet her as we have kept in touch via e-mails. DeKorte was a bust but this day turned out way better than I could have imagined!!:)

Arthur Morris
01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Ah, the umbrella drop. Nice COMP as expected from you. Not sure if I want to see the whole ring at the bottom. Did you have a flash at from the rear on just above the water? (It's sort of like hummer photography.)

All in all well done.

Julie Kenward
01-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Beautiful work and I'm with Artie...can 't decide if it needs that bottom ring of fire or not. I do love the blue tones to the water with the red tones of the fire. Lovely image!

Roman Kurywczak
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Ah, the umbrella drop. Nice COMP as expected from you. Not sure if I want to see the whole ring at the bottom. Did you have a flash at from the rear on just above the water? (It's sort of like hummer photography.)

All in all well done.
Thanks All. Artie, 1 flash bounced on BG, 1 on side and 1 on water drop.

Vida van der Walt
01-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Amazing image. Love the shape of the splash and great to see the two elements together. Great colours as well.:)

Jessica Kirste
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Wow that came out really great! I had to come and see it after you told me about it. :)

Stu Bowie
01-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Very well timed Roman. I just love the funnel created by the droplet, together with the surrounding ring. Well thought out and captured.

Mike Moats
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey Roman, great job on these, I think denise got a little more splash, but yours came out awesome also. Great details and patterns in the colors.