PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Fritillary Butterfly on Lantana

Allen Sparks
01-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Canon 40D, Sigma 150mm macro lens
ISO 400, f10, 1/125, hand held in natural light.
Cropped a little on the right side. The noise in the BG does not show in the original image.

Anita Bower
01-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Beautiful. I like the angle of the butterfly and the detail on it--I can almost feel it. Love the bright colors and that they are carried into the bg with the flowers. I'm wondering if a couple of the light spots in upper left bg and lower left leaf might be darkened just a bit to make them less distracting, and maybe a slight vignette applied. Very nice image.:)

Charles Wesley
01-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Allen,

You have a very lovely image here. Like the color, contrast and sharpness.
Agree with Anita on the light areas on the borders. Easy fix in PS.

Thanks for sharing...

Julie Kenward
01-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Beautiful image of the GF, Allen. Since you addressed the issue of the noise in the BG I won't harp on it. I also think a bit of darkened vignette around the area would make sense - I'd even carry that into the orange flowers in the BG just a tiny bit or tone them down just a little. My reason for this is that they are brighter orange than the butterfly and that makes the eye jump to them - and we want our eyes on that gorgeous butterfly! Just a thought...

Vida van der Walt
01-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Beautiful shot Allen. Great detail, lovely colours and I love that the orange of the butterfly is repeated in the bg.:)