PDA

View Full Version : Textures - Cosmos

Cheryl Slechta
01-09-2010, 05:21 PM
This is my one attempt at textures this week- my computer room doesn't have heat and it's cold in "sunny Florida":cool:
I created some textures this morning using rice paper and a granite rock so I used both of them, the rice paper
first after changing the hue, then the granite after changing the hue, then a gradient mask, then a warming filter,
then I was getting really warmed up and used Fractalius, soft crayon and then repeated it with a lower saturation,
then accent edges:p It doesn't hold a candle to the images I've been seeing this week but it was fun and a
learning experience.

Thanks for looking:)

Indranil Sircar
01-09-2010, 07:01 PM
It's beautiful, Cheryl. Great texture and flower. I like the position of the flowers and the light. This is already a card ready for print! very nicely done.

denise ippolito
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Cheryl, I added "Theme" to your image as it qualifies for our weekly contest. I must say how nice your new BPN Gallery is. Very creative stuff!:) The Cosmos are lovely and the BG is great. I might evict the small piece of leaf at the bottom. Nicely done.

Cindy Mead
01-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I really like how the colors in the cosmos repeat themselves throughout the textured bg Cheryl.. kudos for creating your own textures too, nice work :)

Paul Lagasi
01-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Cool looking flowers, nice effect...love the framing, the raised effect of the centre image..TFS

Julie Kenward
01-10-2010, 08:42 AM
I wish there was more of the flower included on the lower one and a bit more canvas on the right but the total image and texture is just stunning. Wonderful work on this, Cheryl. I also think I might clone out the little piece of leaf at the bottom of the frame. ;)

Jackie Schuknecht
01-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Beautiful BG Cheryl and I love the colours of the flower and BG. Would like to see more flower at the bottom too, otherwise it is quite lovely.