PDA

View Full Version : MoonSet - Bosque Del Apache

Keith Bauer
01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
From the Bosque Del Apache on News Years Day. As you may recall there was a "Blue Moon" on the 31st that set on January 1st. This is the moon setting in the west a few minutes before the sun rise.

This image is actually a composite of 9 images. The first 8 are just an HDR of the scene captured with my 5D using a 28-135 at 38mm. The Moon is the 9th image captured with my 50D using a 500mm lens.
The moon was really in the scene in the location I've placed it in this image. Capturing the images at 38mm, the moon looked much smaller than in real life, hence my desire to place the bigger moon into the image. I resized it down to match my memory of what the scene really looked like. The birds hunkered down in the image are Snow Geese and Sandhill Cranes

Anita Rakestraw
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
What a lovely image, Keith! Several layers of interest plus a wonderful color palette. I'd frame it! Appreciate the disclosure about the moon. Looks good to me, a bonus!

Dave Mills
01-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi Keith, You did a good job with the HDR and came up with an interesting comp. The mood is large but seems to work along with it's positioning. If this were mine I would take a bit off the bottom...

Morkel Erasmus
01-10-2010, 10:24 AM
interesting work done here. I like the tones and the comp. I agree with shaving some off the bottom...

Stu Bowie
01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Great stitching Keith, and love the colours in this. Good placement of the moon too. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
01-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Keith,
I am generally not a huge fan of adding moons in....but I feel it works pretty well here! I'm with a bottom crop too.....just above signature....keeps the flow of grasses. Any way you go......very nicely done!

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Loved what you have done here. Looks just like it would with the eyes. Fantastic job.

Robert Amoruso
01-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Keith,

Well execute. I like the larger treatment with the moon - just seems to go with the added detail of the HDR.

Agree in the crop from bottom suggestion.

D. Robert Franz
01-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Excellent vision and capture....