PDA

View Full Version : Its Cold !!!!

Alfred Forns
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
One of the car readings from the last day at Wyoming, can get cold there :) ... hit -32 !!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Jamie Strickland
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
slight difference from Flordia isnt it ? lol thats darn cold !!!

any camera problems with those temps?

Alfred Forns
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Jaime the point and shoot G10 died in just a few minutes :) The Mk3 held out well, I did rotated batteries every fifteen minutes or so !!

btw clothing wise we did great and had zero problems !! We are getting some different boots for the next trip, getting some Baffin Magellans which are good for -149 F !!! .. should work !!!

Jamie Strickland
01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
looks like sweet boots, someone told me about these last year but I could not recall the name of them so thanks for the reminder :)

nothing worse than cold toes & fingers

what did you do for gloves? I have a thin pair that I used when we were out there that work pretty well but not sure about those temps though

Julie Kenward
01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Alfred, if the clouds had lifted last night THAT would be the temp I would have woke up to this morning. Luckily, the clouds saved us and we're sitting at a whopping 4 degrees today. Next week it's supposed to pop out of this deep freeze and we're supposed to be all the way into the 30's...we won't know what to do! Suntan lotion and a swimsuit maybe???

Alfred Forns
01-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Good luck with the clouds Jules, after the front they just disapeared in our area !! ... glad I just gotten away from Montana :)

Jamie I have a pair of glove liners and over gloves .. left just one finger out. The best solution I have found is keeping the hands in my pockets as much as possible and throw some hand warmers in there !!

Do check out the boots, they are awesome. They have four different models, this is the short one and seems just right !!

Gus Cobos
01-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I believe the next time you go back Mr. Forns; you are going to need some hand warmers for your batteries...:D is this with the wind chill factor or without...:eek::cool:

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Can't imagine how cold is that!

Amazing weather. I'll tell you that we are also getting part of that cold, not snow of course, but it's been very cold and windy. :(

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Ooooh cool image and it sure looks cold too. We are almost at the same point now here in Florida. Who would ever have thought we would get snow ??? Glad to know you are back Alfred and great eye to take this image. Thanks !!

Van Hilliard
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I remember cold like that. That's why I live in Florida now (where I've adjusted enough to now think 30 is cold). When I hear people talking about missing the seasons, I say to myself "I'm glad I'm missing them."

Jackie Schuknecht
01-11-2010, 01:03 PM
OK so it's getting a little cold :). Were you able to keep your hands warm Al ???

Alfred Forns
01-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Sure did .... best thing is to keep them inside the coat pockets as much as possible !!!