PDA

View Full Version : "Mr. Seamore"

Gus Cobos
01-08-2010, 08:50 PM
“Mr. Seamore”

Mr. Seamore finally caught his snack after about half an hour waiting patiently for it to pass by. Seamore is a resident of Shark Valley, Florida’s Everglades National Park. He was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4D - IF-ED , with a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 510mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/1250sec. - f/9 / exposure comp @ +0.3EV / ISO @ 800 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ AF - C / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient lighting / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform – hand held.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Kerry Perkins
01-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi Gus,
Nice capture of this patient fellow! It amazes me how long they will just stand there and wait for a fish to come by.
I like the composition, color, and details. I'm seeing the tiniest bit of sharpening haloes here and there. Did you do some burning in the cheek area (behind and below the eye)? The plumage there seems a bit flat to my eye. Nice catch by both of you! :)

Jeff Cashdollar
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Gus, it that all he has to show for his efforts. Not much more than a snack.

Well done, agree with Kerry on the cheek.

Anita Rakestraw
01-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Hope he was able to find more for his breakfast! Very nice capture! I too notice the apparent burning on his face and neck, and a bit of haloing mostly around the "snack."

Lance Peters
01-09-2010, 01:12 AM
hi Gus - love the action.
Good show :)

kostas nianiopoulos
01-09-2010, 04:50 AM
the amazing art of Gus Cobos is hit again , one more great image of your rich collection . Well done Gus , i love the image of the hungry guy .

Alfred Forns
01-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi Gus Love the action !! Processing looks a little weird on this one? Feathers on the body look fine but around the neck they have a strange look, not sure what is going on !!!