1.4x
f/6.3
1/1000th
ISO 250

Ant

http://www.pbase.com/anthony_whitmore/image/120911680/original.jpg

Colin Knight
01-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Nice exposure control! Good details in the whites and under the wings. Very sharp!

He's a little tight in the top right of the frame. The background is unfortunate. I would prefer something much more natural.

anthony whitmo
01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks Colin

I have thousands of Bald Eagle images with blue sky BG's or Trees. I really liked this image the way it is BECAUSE of the BG. It's a very unique shot to me and not the typical boring same old same old BG.

Thanks for your thoughts > I knew it wouldn't be for everyone :)

Ant

Juan Aragonés
01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
The light is just terrific and the eagle pose is superb. Terrific eye contact and sharpness. I agree with Colin about a bit more rroom at the upper right corner. This BG is not for me but I see your point and I think that it is very important for a photographer to look for images that are different. It is the best way to create something different and interesting. In this case, I like the red area at the top of the frame (something different and creative) but the white fences are a bit distracting in my opinion, perhaps due to the geometric pattern.
The eagle is to die for! Keep them coming :)

Phil Ertel
01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Anthony, The eagle looks very nice. The diagonal that the it introduces to the image is nice. The bird appears sharp to me as I see good details in the bird. I appreciate you trying something different but have to agree with Colin that the bright red object in the background is distracting from you lovely eagle. However, your the artist and in the end it is what pleases you that counts. My I also suggest that for reviewers it is easier to critique without the large boarder. Thanks for sharing.

Ron Caswell
01-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Looks great Ant man, I also get your point about the Eagle backgrounds, I shot some there with the dam and I liked them also. Did you get a mark4 from Pat?