PDA

View Full Version : Kiss of Death

Morkel Erasmus
01-08-2010, 07:07 AM
It's been a while since I made a foray into the Macro section of BPN...so I thought why not?

This is a different take on a previous photo. I took this on the floor of the Fish River Canyon in Namibia during our hike there last year. Went for a closer crop here as I had the megapixels to do so, trying to emphasise the action.

Would love your feedback on this!

Techs:
Canon 1000D with Tamron 70-300mm Di Tele-Macro @ 200mm
f11 @ 1/640 SS @ ISO-800

Vida van der Walt
01-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Great action captured Morkel. A very special sighting indeed. As I've seen the previous version of your photograph, I have to admit I liked the first take best. What is the size of the cropped version?:)

Julie Kenward
01-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Morkel, the action is great but three things stand out - 1) it feels extremely tight in the frame, 2) the bug would have much more impact if it was more in focus and 3) the contrast could use a bit of a punch. I had a really hard time figuring out what was going on when I first opened the image - maybe it's just me?

Allen Sparks
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
great action capture. I knew what was going on when I saw this image but would like to see the full stinger of the scorpion...Focus seems to be more toward the back of the scorpion which makes me think this was taken with them in motion or maybe just the beetle in motion. In any event, nice catch of nature in action.