PDA

View Full Version : "Ready Freddy"

Gus Cobos
01-07-2010, 08:56 PM
“Ready Freddy”

Note: The capture angle is a tad steep, but it was the best one possible from the boardwalk.

Freddy was patiently waiting for his morning meal on Sunday morning in Shark Valley, Florida’s Everglades National Park. He was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4D - IF-ED , with a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 510mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/800sec. - f/9 / exposure comp @ +0.3EV / ISO @ 640 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ AF - C / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient lighting / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform – hand held, sitting down on the boardwalk with both hands braced against my knees, and the lens between the lower railings. /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Cheryl Flory
01-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Gus, I like the energy in his pose. Your lighting and the colors look great. But I keep looking at the green glass nearly poking his chin. I like the details in the feathers, but they seem coarser than is usual in your images. Is that just the bird? or my monitor??

Gus Cobos
01-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Those are his feathers Cheryl, it seems like the little guy had a rough day...:eek::D:cool:

Alfred Forns
01-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Gus Neat pose and love the intensity !! For most birds I just sharpen the eye area and the rest just a bit, sometimes feathers can look funky !!! Hope those guys are active next time I pay them a visit !!!

kostas nianiopoulos
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
i wonder where u find all those great images Gus , this is a grat image i love it ... well done .

Jeff Cashdollar
01-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Colorful nature image and great feather detail - looks like he has an attitude as well?