Cheryl Flory
01-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Canon 40
173mm
1/500"
F3.5
ISO 400
EC +1.33

OK, how can I improve the adjustment on this pic? And hopefully this summer I will get another chance, how can I improve the photography aspect?

Thanks!

Gus Cobos
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Cheryl,
I like the composition and capture...your little Prince is placed just right in frame...he does have a good head angle and clear eye...the whites on the flower are lacking details and running on the warm side. Suggest toning it down a little. Can also try cropping tighter for greater impact...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Cheryl Flory
01-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Gus, there are no details on the far side since it is so blurred, and there is a bit of yellow naturally in the blossom. What do you mean by toning it down? Are you saying it is too bright???

Thanks

Alfred Forns
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi Cheryl Might try a different crop since the left side is so blurred? .. my eye keeps going to that area !! Sweet capture !!!

Jeff Cashdollar
01-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Cool shot but as Al said, my eyes drift to the left OOF area.

Creative composition and has a partial abstract look IMO.

Gail Spitler
01-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi Cheryl - what a neat situation with so much potential. Wonderful exposure, sharp toad - technicals look good. The next thing I wondered about was the composition - is this a toad image, a Calla Lily image, or water drops, or ....? One thing I try to remember for myself is to keep shooting. Maybe there's more than one great image waiting here. I posted an alternative crop just for mulling. I like the diagonal line, not sure about the curl at the end of the flower (mostly I like it and want it in a corner).

Cheers
Gail