PDA

View Full Version : Mallard Flight

William Currie
01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Photographed today getting better with the 7D focus still a challange 7D 500f4 1.4 converter 400 ISO 1/640 /5.6

Randy Stout
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
William:

A good looking hen, nice angle in frame, display of near wing.

I think the levels could be adjusted a bit, moving the shadows slider in about 10-12 points, gives a bit more snap to the image. There also seems to be a very subtle green cast. I ran the Average blur tech to check for that, and liked it at about 45% opacity.

The eye might stand a bit more selective sharpening.

Must be fun/challenging to learn the new camera. I am still waiting for Nikon's next roll out.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
01-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Neat semi-banking/gliding pose here, and great view of the speculum. The bird as a whole could use more sharpening, and I wouldn't mind seeing it a bit higher in the frame.

Ed Cordes
01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I like the wing angle and the eye contact. I agree the eye could be a bit sharper.

Arthur Morris
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Be right back. I gotta clean these glasses... Ah, that's better. But yes to a bit of sharpening. Have you done the focus calibration? Any time that I have a good view of the speculum I am :)

Doug Brown
01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Getting better Brad. Good points above. I think this image lacks shutter speed; ducks move pretty fast, and 1/640 is probably a bit too slow. I'd look for some BIF in the sun or bump my ISO. I prefer a little noise and a nicely frozen bird; it's easy to remove noise, but challenging to make a soft subject look sharp.

William Currie
01-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the comments guys i will try faster shutter speeds and check for focus issues mabe out a bit .Im not sure i had a hard time focusing on a hawk today in low light the camera did not want to focus on subject . Thanks Brad