PDA

View Full Version : Resting in Peace...

Sudhanshu Nafde
01-07-2010, 06:19 AM
http://www.indianaturewatch.net/images/album/photo/18242229404a582dd988d07.jpg

Hello Everyone,
Would like to have suggestion on improving this image...
captured it in Bandhavgarh NP....
Had a great trip to Bandhavgarh last year... And for that i Thanks a lot to Harshad Kaka (Barve)...

Camera Details: Nikon P80 ( Inbuilt 18x Zoom )

Exif:-
F-stop= f/4.5
Exposure=-0.7
ISO= 200-400
SS=1/150 sec.

All C & C welcome...

Cheryl Flory
01-07-2010, 08:22 AM
love the tiger images. in this one, I would like cropping that would make the cats bigger in the frame. The big black area above them does nothing to help the image, for me. I keep wanting to see of their gorgeous faces. It looks like you have it well exposed and sharp. well done. Too bad you couldn't take a couple of steps to the right so you could get more separation of their faces. I might also clone out that bright white stick behind them. Do you have more images of these cats? I hope you post more. They look gorgeous.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Looks like the one the right is about to give a kiss on the nose. The tiger seems to be in a shade but you did well with the exposure. Agree about the empty space at the top, also if possible would like to go for lower angle too.

Jeff Cashdollar
01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Agree with comments above - opportunity for additional framing - well done.

Lance Peters
01-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi - Cheryl nailed the critique - agree with her suggestions.
Gotta love tigers :)

Gus Cobos
01-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi Sudhanshu,
These are beautiful animals...I too would like to see them larger in frame...looking forward to the next encounter...:):cool:

Alfred Forns
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Love the idea of the step but not sure it would have been possible.

Animals small in frame can work well but seldom toward mid frame, best to place around corners .. moving the camera lower/left but not sure what was there !!! Fine image !!!

Sudhanshu Nafde
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks a lot Sir... for all the the C & C...
@ Cheryl Flory: In India we are not allowed to get out from a vehicle... and while i was shooting this image there were approx. 18-20 vehicles around me.... as this was the only place from where Tigers were totally visible... other places were full of clatter(Shrubs and grass)... And as we were on a higher platform than the tiger I was not able to have a lower angle.... anyways thanks for your comments... hope i am clear.... :)

Sudhanshu Nafde
01-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Love the idea of the step but not sure it would have been possible.

Animals small in frame can work well but seldom toward mid frame, best to place around corners .. moving the camera lower/left but not sure what was there !!! Fine image !!!

As i said sir the place was full of Brown grass and shrubs.... and we were on a higher platform so the position being inclined it was all coming in frame... so i thought this Compo. would do... BTW thanks for the suggestion i'd really like to try it out... and will surely share it....

How was your Yellowstone NP Trip?? Waiting to see the images....