PDA

View Full Version : Watch that first step.

Duane Noblick
01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
http://www.pbase.com/duane_va/image/120708895/original.jpg

<TABLE border=1 cellPadding=1 width=450 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Date/Time</TD><TD class=lid>27-Dec-2009 11:24:48</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Make</TD><TD class=lid>Canon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Model</TD><TD class=lid>Canon EOS 50D</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Flash Used</TD><TD class=lid>No</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Focal Length</TD><TD class=lid>500 mm</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Time</TD><TD class=lid>1/1250 sec</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Aperture</TD><TD class=lid>f/5.6</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>ISO Equivalent</TD><TD class=lid>320</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Bias</TD><TD class=lid>-1 2/3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>White Balance</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Metering Mode</TD><TD class=lid>spot</TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>JPEG Quality</TD><TD class=lid></TD></TR><TR><TD class=lid noWrap>Exposure Program</TD><TD class=lid>aperture priority</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not the best light (mid-afternoon) but I liked the wing spread and how this female Bald Eagle was trying to stay on the perch as she spun around to face the lake she was fishing. My hopes is this area will produce the Eagle image I've been after for two years...photographing an Eagle catching a fish without traveling across country to get it. This is the female Eagle from the pair I've been following since March 2008.

Steve Canuel
01-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Great wing position. Made me think that she was modeling for a statue and wanted to make sure her feet were positioned just right before she held her pose. I like the details in the near underwing.

Dave Blinder
01-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Nice pose and timing Duane.

Looks like lighting was very harsh here. I'd use the burn tool for the highlights on the twigs, and perhaps a bit on the Eagles forehead too. Wish the twigs weren't obscuring the bird, and feel fill flash would improve this one.

Lance Peters
01-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Like the pose and the concentration on staying on that perch.
Not sure about the use of spot metering - most would use Matrix.

God luck getting THE shot.