PDA

View Full Version : 3 Elements

Ramesh Adkoli
01-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Here is a moment of meeting of three elements: earth, sky and sun. I opened up the earth part to a point where details can be just seen. I felt a stark earth gives a different feel to it. Appreciate your views.

D700, 70-200mm @ 90mm, 1/400s, f/22, ISO 200, hand held, early morning
CNX2, selective shadows, conversion to B&W, full frame

regards,
ramesh

Dave Mills
01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi Ramesh, Moody image with just enough lightening in the image so I can see the detail in the shaded area. Since you mentioned your intentions regarding detail I can understand what your trying to create and can see enough of it to appreciate it.
I did play with the sky a bit using levels. I wanted to see if I could get a bit more detail and add to the mood. Very much a personal choice...Simple but effective comp...

Stu Bowie
01-07-2010, 12:56 AM
Ramesh, great conversion, and as Dave mentioned, enough exposure in the FG to see detail. Well thoughtout.

Roman Kurywczak
01-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Ramesh,
Whiel I like the conversion idea.....this one just doesn't have enogh of a focal point or isn't abstract enough (color may be better in that case)......just not working for me.

Robert Amoruso
01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Ramesh,

I ahve come back to this a few times over the course of that last couple of days. I feel having the sun located more right would have balanced the image better, but overall I agree with Roman, it is just not doing it for me.

Ramesh Adkoli
01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks Dave, Stuart, Roman and Robert for your views. I guess my conceptualization of this image wasn't on track. OK, no problem. Will have to get back to the drawing board again:)

regards,
ramesh