PDA

View Full Version : "Banking High"

Gus Cobos
01-05-2010, 09:36 PM
“Banking High”

This graceful fellow was flying early Sunday morning in Shark Valley, Florida’s Everglades National Park. He was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4D - IF-ED , with a Nikkor 1.7 T/C.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 510mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/1,000sec. - f/10 / exposure comp @ -0.3EV / ISO @ 800 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ AF - C / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient lighting / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +1 degree / support platform – hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
01-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I like the way you captured this guy in the frame. Great feather details.

Jeff Cashdollar
01-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Another nice one Gus, love the feather detail.

Curved wing tips are a plus and the framing is nice and balanced. I like the straight wing position in this picture and you nailed the whites - sweet one brother!

Did you run NR on BG or is it me (smile).

Anita Rakestraw
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Nice job, Gus! I like the composition, the lovely lighting and the wingspread. Looks like the background could use some NR, but I'm on my laptop so could be just my monitor....

Harshad Barve
01-05-2010, 11:06 PM
lovely way of framing banking bird , nice HA & wing pose, techs spot on sa usual
TFS

Lance Peters
01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
love those wings Gus - Good Ha and eye contact.
:D

Cheryl Flory
01-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Gus, how black are the legs on these birds? The way it looks on my monitor makes me want to increase the contrast or saturate the black more on the legs. But then again, up here in the snowy part of MI, we don't see these birds flying by too much so I don't know if the legs are suppose to be dark black or not. :D