PDA

View Full Version : Cape Petrels reflected

Per-Gunnar Ostby
01-05-2010, 04:53 PM
From a recent trip to the Weddell Sea - we came upon a group of Cape Petrels relaxing on the flat water and as we got closer they all took off at once and I managed to get one decent shot with no overlap

Samuel Mulder
01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I like the colors and reflections here. To me, with the birds so small in the frame and flying slightly away it is difficult to feel a connection with them. I think this sort of image would be much more powerful with the birds larger in the frame and flying towards you. Overall, to me, I'd say it is a neat image, but not quite a keeper.

Marina Scarr
01-05-2010, 07:14 PM
This image is interesting and quite a bit different from what is normally posted here. I imagine that petrels are not normally easy to photograph since they are normally out at sea. I like how they all have different win positions, and I like the reflections. I only wish they were not flying away from you. There is a certain moodiness to this capture and the colors are nice together.

Justin Reznick
01-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Interesting image, I definitely took some time looking at it. I think the reflections are fantastic as is the comp, but I ideally I would like the birds flying more towards the lens and for all the birds to be tack sharp. Tough feet I know!

Per-Gunnar Ostby
01-06-2010, 05:29 AM
You are all correct. Flying towards me would have ben fantastic - but you got to work with what you get unfortunately :)