PDA

View Full Version : Looking into the light

Dave Courtenay
02-19-2008, 08:21 AM
A bird that is at the top of my wanted list but have never managed to get enough time or a clear sighting, Now there are 3 of these guys not far from where i live in some small reed beds-today i was at the lake at first light and waited for them to come over-over the next 3 hours i had them within feet of me but never a clear sighting and ended up with 2 chances-this one where he just popped his head into the light and a clearer full body shot-i liked this one for some reason

Canon 1D3 500F4

Blake Shadle
02-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi, Dave. I really like the mood in this image, it really emphasizes that the bird is hiding. For me personally, I'd like to see a tighter crop so that it would be easier to focus on your subject.

Fabs Forns
02-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Impressive way to show this, I like as presented, maybe a little off the bottom, but then we'd loose the balance in the branches. Very much out of the box. Congratulations!

Alfred Forns
02-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Fully agree on the tighter crop and would also suggest to remove the shadow This is what I had in mind I like it a lot !!!

Jody Melanson
02-19-2008, 04:35 PM
What kind of bird is it?

Steve Ashton
02-19-2008, 04:38 PM
I love this image. I grew up close to a reserve full of these beauties and the got me interested in birding. This is how I remember them.

I think the first image is strongest and the shadow just adds to the feeling of the birds habitat. This can go on my wall anytime. Thanks for some memories.

James Shadle
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
My 2 cents worth.

I like this crop. However, I feel a little looser crop would work even better.
It should be obvious that we like this image,otherwise we would not be picking at it.:)

I really like the way you used the DOF to make your subject pop.

Dave Courtenay
02-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Sorry should have put that its a bearded tit

Martin Dyer
02-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Well seen and captured Dave.

Like the way the small area of focus stands out from the environment.

Not keen on the reposted crops - loses the sense of place and environment

Martin