PDA

View Full Version : First Post!

LeeOtsubo
02-19-2008, 08:15 AM
I always wondered why posters took such pleasure in posting the first post on a forum. I'm still not sure why but here's a report on Dixon Lake in Escondido, CA.

There are about 6 osprey hanging out at Dixon. Seems like too many for such a small lake but I saw at least 4 on Saturday. The rangers think they're juveniles because they don't seem to have a very good strike:catch ratio. On Sat, the score was Osprey - 0, Fish - 6. The best time is when they're restocking the lake. I'm told the rangers have to beat back the ospreys, cormorants and pelicans so the trout have a chance of making it into the water.

I didn't go inside Daley Ranch but the rangers said Lower Pond is full from recent rains and all manner of waders are flocking there. He's seen GBH, snowies, greens, black capped as well as all the usual ducks, coots and other water fowl.

BTW, a wood stork has been seen at Lake Hodges, just west of the freeway. There's some thought it may be the same one that hangs out at WAP.

Alfred Forns
02-19-2008, 08:35 AM
There is only one first Lee!!!!!! .... and you got it !!!! Thanks for the report !!!

Chris Ober
02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to think of something important to add so I can claim first sticky post at least :)

LeeOtsubo
02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
I think this thread should be moved to the California Forum since we all know that CA is distinct from the SW.

BTW, when did TX and OK become part of the Southwest? I always thought SW officially started in NM. OK is SouthCentral and TX is Texas. I went to UT so I know Texas is its own world! :D

Chris Ober
02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Depends on the source :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwestern_United_States

Bill McCrystyn
02-25-2008, 02:49 PM
I lived in Texas for a while. They called it the Republic of Texas. We called them, TEX-AS, singular. :D

Alfred Forns
02-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I think this thread should be moved to the California Forum since we all know that CA is distinct from the SW.

BTW, when did TX and OK become part of the Southwest? I always thought SW officially started in NM. OK is SouthCentral and TX is Texas. I went to UT so I know Texas is its own world! :D

Lee small world I also went to UT but the one in TN !!!! :)

LeeOtsubo
02-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Lee small world I also went to UT but the one in TN !!!! :)
Alfred, I didn't know the University of Texas had a campus in Tennessee...:D:D:D