PDA

View Full Version : It's Been a Hard Day's Night!

Marina Scarr
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Photographed this stallion at the end of what appeared to be a LONG day. It must take a lot of energy to look after four mares and a couple of foals. I liked this capture b/c of the light, how drained yet how powerful he looks, and b/c of the environment where these horses thrive is included.

Canon 5D, Canon 70-200 & 1.4 @ 280mm
F8, 1/1000sec, ISO 400, manual mode
Handheld

C & C always welcomed and much appreciated.

Marina

peter delaney
01-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Marina ,nice image

only suggestion I would make is to slightly crop top to loose the small blue patches of sky...
I would have probaly waited a another second or two before I pressed the shutter just for the feet to be visible

david cramer
01-05-2010, 12:27 PM
I know this fellow! Agree with Peter about crop and feet. He does look bedraggled, doesn't he? Beautiful light and nice setting, as well as displaying his long mane and tail.

Alfred Forns
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Great suggestion by Peter !!! Love the tired look and feel ... did capture the moment !!!! Excellent !!!

Sabyasachi Patra
01-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Agree with Peter's suggestion. Lovely animal. I think I had seen this fellow in one of David's image in a gorgeous setting, but am not sure. By the way, how do you know individual animals? By their mane and tail apart from the body size?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Marina Scarr
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
This wild stallion was found thanks to our guide David Cramer, and I am confident you have seen this horse before in his images. Most all horses look different but, in particular, stallions can be easy to decipher. I think David could offer more information on why.

I have cropped the sky off of the picture, and I must admit that I like it better. Unfortunately, I don't have an imagine of the horse with all feet showing b/c he was moving quickly uphill, but I am okay with two feet showing and the bush.

Mike Tracy
01-06-2010, 10:16 AM
One point that could be made for keeping the sky is that it adds depth. With a sliver of sky your eye follows the hill upward and you get more of a sense of the lay of the land.

Nicely seen and executed.

The one little circular "thingy" directly below his mouth could stand removal.

He does look tuckered out.