PDA

View Full Version : Road to heaven (Ladakh India)

RAM MALLYA
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
This was taken on the way to ladakh .

Shutter speed 1/800
Aperture F/5.6
ISO 100

All C&C welcome.

Roman Kurywczak
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi Ram,
Considering the DOF....it appears pretty sharp throughout although I would still sacrifice a good deal of SS for more DOF next time out! I like the way you offset the road leading us to the distant mountains. You really need to be aware that light quality is extremely important in such cases as it adds an extra dimension and more depth to ann image....just keep that in mind for future endeavours! As presented, I would crop off the sky a good bit...about 1/2 to more of a pano....that emphasizes the mountains a bit more w/o losing any mood or important elements. Just something to consider.

RAM MALLYA
01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Surely sir i would work on my DOF in future as i was new to SLR photography in the year 2005 when i made this trip and shot these landscape images . I am really thankful to you for your feedback . I will surely improve with your support .

Stu Bowie
01-05-2010, 01:40 AM
I like the road leading ones eye, and you have captured how barren the area can be.

Robert Amoruso
01-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Ram,

Roman captures my thoughts on your image well. Good use of the road as a leading line towards the mountains.

Dave Mills
01-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Hi Ram, Roman has given excellent advice.One the most important factors in landscape photography is good light.
If the image presented was shot in early or late light it would look entirely different with more drama and impact!

Kaustubh Deshpande
01-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Ram...liked the road leading into the image diagonally. Although the sky is dramatic, it looks a little too polarized for my taste. Roman's suggestion of cropping from top will take care of that part also. I think a B&W conversion of this will also look quite good.