PDA

View Full Version : Big Boy

Marc Mol
01-04-2010, 12:03 AM
This is Big Boy, a huge 4 yr old male Leopard, in nice late light, a Mapula Lodge local resident.
He had just finished snacking on a Zebra foal, he had killed the night before.
Would have preferred not to cut the tail off, managing to at least get his attention with one frame.
Moremi GR- Botswana Sept '09.
D3 500VR 1/125s ISO400@f/5.6

C & C most welcome

Cheers
Marc

http://africaddict.smugmug.com/Nature/Botswana-Sept-2009/D316238a/725412562_XiWA3-XL.jpg

Sabyasachi Patra
01-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Marc,
The tail is not an issue for me, as it is hidden behind the bush. The stare is nice and the flies on top adds to the story. Good light as well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Morkel Erasmus
01-04-2010, 02:45 AM
impressive brute! like the eye contact, light and the flies, and the tail also doesn't bother me that much

Harshad Barve
01-04-2010, 02:48 AM
with tail it would have been better but still I wish to have such a fine image in my files
TFS

Ken Watkins
01-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Marc,

We never saw this when we were there, what a wonderful animal.
I am not that bothered by the "missing" tail. I do not think you would have seen much of it anyway.

Nice light as well.

Steve Kaluski
01-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Marc, I think sometimes when we post we add something within the info to predict feedback/observations that others (readers) may make, ie tail loss. This really isn't an issue, the whole point is, you have the leopard, but have capture the look & expression, which for me, is key to the image. The circle/halo of flies is the icing.

Well done.;)

Steve

Suzanne Huot
01-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Beautiful image ,and you captured the most important part ,the eye contact and stare right down to the little flies above his head ,I would be estatic if this was mine

Marc Mol
01-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Marc, I think sometimes when we post we add something within the info to predict feedback/observations that others (readers) may make, ie tail loss.

;)

Steve

Thanks Steve
As I'm always my harshest critique, I really did mean it when I said I would have preferred not to cut off this Leopard's (virtual) tail. I still like this image quite a lot, just that it's position could have been better.;)

Callie de Wet
01-05-2010, 11:58 AM
The eyes have it! And, this is one nice Tom! And the legs have enough space in the grass! Since I am partial to tighter crops, maybe a bit off the topp will improve the visual impact for me.

Alfred Forns
01-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi Marc Mighty fine image and one I would love to have, great light, pose and bg Would have liked to have the tail, just the icing on the cake !! Big Congrats on this one !!!!