PDA

View Full Version : Fire

Roman Kurywczak
01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey all....haven't been here in a while as I have had family over for the holidays and am super busy. Since it has been brutally cold and windy here....not many options....but I am working on an idea and this is the first part.....which was a ton of fun!!! I needed to photograph fire......just because I want the flames. After checking the web and looking for images.....put the fireplace to good use! I find fire/flames.....very sensual....no 2 the same! Fun to see what comes out of it! This one's for you Jules!!!....warm up....spring is just around the corner!...now go out and light a fire....better yet stay indoors (a perk of a 100 year old house like mine!)
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro manual mode at f11 and 1/1000 sec. at ISO 3200 (I feel the need for speed....and DOF!) Manually focused....hand held....1000 attempts....maybe 40 keepers...no flash....noise ninja run in PP'ing.

denise ippolito
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Roman, I love playing with fire! This has alot of great shapes and color. Can't wait to see part 2!:D

Julie Kenward
01-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Very nice...and right on time. It's -10 here this morning and the dogs are refusing to even go outside. :eek::eek::eek:

I can't blame them...I'm not too sure I want to go either!

Beautiful work on the flames, Roman. I wonder if you can pull anything out of the coals in the FG? I know...picky, picky, picky! What you did do here is lovely!

Charles Wesley
01-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Roman,

Have missed seeing your wonderful images. Like this one. Has a 3D effect. Looks like angels dancing. My mom's from Canada know about cold weather. Try to stay warm in NJ.

Jerry van Dijk
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi Roman, thank's for heating up the macro forum! Lovely composition and great colors. I might consider cloning out the dimly lit parts of your fireplace in the BG and maybe even the whiff of smoke on the left.
Please post some more, it's really cold here :D.

Mike Moats
01-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey Roman, this is a good subject to be using a long focal length:D Fire is so cool as the artistic patterns are always changing and never the same. You did well capturing some creative art here.

Vida van der Walt
01-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Great shot Roman. Love the shapes and lines in this. Ditto 3D effect and very creative.:)

Christopher Miller
01-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Beautiful image, Roman. I can almost feel the warmth! :) Love the patterns of the flames against the black BG.