PDA

View Full Version : Rushing Water

LaurieBraman
02-18-2008, 11:38 PM
On a recent search for bald eagles, I took this photo of water rushing out a dam. I have a Canon EOS 40D; shutter 1/1500 ; aperature f11, 300 mm, ISO 400, spot metered with an EF 75-200mm f4-5.6 lens.

Alfred Forns
02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
HI Laurie The water rush does look neat !!! Must be impressive in person particularly the sound !!

I'm getting a little lost in the image since I'm not sure what I'm looking at Wouldn't mind seeing a little more shadow detail !!!

Bret Edge
02-19-2008, 02:31 PM
The rushing water sure gives a sense of power to this image. Perhaps a slightly wider angle to give us a sense of place and a bit more shadow detail would improve this image. Let's see some more!

Robert Amoruso
02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Laurie,

I like the powerful look of the water - you captured that well. The high-contrast is AOK with me. I would recommend bringing up the whites more.

The bush intersecting with the falls and the OOF cliff inthe lower right are distracting. If this was the only vantage point, you did the best you could. If not, after you make that first image, move around to investigate alternate positions.