PDA

View Full Version : Triathlon

Alfred Forns
02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi Josh Here is my triathlon image Just happened to be at the beach when the event was on at DeSoto Interesting to say the least btw apologize if you see more than 1874 dust spots For this images unless you use a neutral density filter the aperture will be f45 Felt lazy and did not use the drop in !!!! Was dust spotting for twenty minutes !!!!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Maxis Gamez
02-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Cool effect Al. Amazing that even at f/45 there is no DOF field due to the motion.

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Awesome image Alfred !!! It is amazing what can be captured at F45. The movment in this as well as the BG has a very artistic effect. I really like it.

Jim Poor
02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
For some reason the soundtracks to Bionic Woman and 6- million dollar man keep running through my head ;)

Josh O'Donnell
02-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Alfred, very cool photo! There's a big triathlon at DeSoto in early April but I'm not sure if the agency I shot the last race for is covering this next race (probably are, they covered it last year). If they are I'm going to try and sign up for it as well and this one will include a swim leg.

Alfred Forns
02-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Best seat in the house will be when they exit the water Actually you can get them going in and out They swim straight out the left turn straight and one more left turn to the beach

btw there is no problem with access to the race !!!

On the way in it is sort of dark since they hit the water at around Oh too early !!! Sure hop you can cover the event !!!!

David Kennedy
02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
...btw apologize if you see more than 1874 dust spots For this images unless you use a neutral density filter the aperture will be f45 Felt lazy and did not use the drop in !!!! Was dust spotting for twenty minutes !!!!

Alfred,
I thought the new Nikon bodies have anti-dust?

Alfred Forns
02-19-2008, 03:18 PM
This was from last April at DeSoto It was the 1DsMk2 A real dust magnet !!!! Shooting at f11 or less you don't see many of them !!!

btw the new D3 does not have the auto sensor cleaning I have been shooting a very dark image and checking for dust in LR then sync !!

Jim Caldwell
02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I like it Al! If you missed any spots I don't see them - of course, my eyes are gone anyway....

George DeCamp
02-19-2008, 07:06 PM
A very cool effect and a neat idea Al!!