PDA

View Full Version : Ti Plant Leaf ...

Charles Wesley
01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Getting tired of the weather around here. Had to move my plants inside yesterday. Was able to photograph my Ti plant in window light. Got in tight to fill the frame. Noticed some dirt on leaf after taking the photo. Does photo need to be rotated CCW any more?

Canon 5D Mk 11, Sigma 180 mm. APO HSM DG f/3.5 macro lens and Bogen tripod. My exposure was 10 secs. @ f/29.0 200 ISO. I used MLU and self timer.

Canon D.P.P. 3.6
PS/CS4

Julie Kenward
01-03-2010, 05:59 PM
What a stunning image, Charles. If you'll look down on the image that Artie Morris just posted you'll see where they talk about the pinks being hot and this same thing has happened here so be sure to check that out. You have definite clipping in the reds/pink channel. That said...man, it sure has some impact! I kind of like it this hot.

I think your rotation is nice as well...you could choose to put it more on a diagonal but with the green stripes curving out at the top it also gives the illusion of an extra bit of diagonal line so I think it's nice like this. Beautiful plant...I'm guessing its a tropical?

Charles Wesley
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Jules,

Thanks for the critique. I saw the red channel clipping on my histogram after taking the photo. After correcting the exposure, I did not like the other images as well. Went ahead with post processing the image. I liked the result. That's all that matters to me on this one.

Roman Kurywczak
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey Charles,
Haven't been in macro a lot lately......but this was a nice welcome back for me. Yeah the reds may be clipped a bit.....either go with a touch more cyan or green.....to add a bit more depth to the veins......all in all a stinging comp with striking colors!

Jerry van Dijk
01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi Charles, I like the diagonals in this one a lot. Rotating further might enhance the effect. I don't mind the color being hot. I may even consider pushing them a lot more to create a real abstract and arty image.

Mike Moats
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey Charles, I guess my eyes aren't as in tune with what others are saying about the clipping, it seems to look fine to me. I do like the lines positioned as they are. Good sharp details.

Vida van der Walt
01-05-2010, 05:36 AM
Beautiful image Charles. Love the vibrant colours and great lines. I have to go with Mike on this as it looks fine to me just the way it is.:)

Cindy Mead
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I really like the diagonals here Charles, and the colors sing! This works well for me as is :)