PDA

View Full Version : Churchaven

Stu Bowie
01-03-2010, 07:38 AM
This is my first attempt at stitching five images together to create this pano. Im not sure if there is enough detail, and maybe too much of a pano. This is a inland marine lagoon about 100km up the west coast from Cape Town. It is quite far from the road we were on, so maybe next time a lower angle could have been better. I would be interested in your feedback.

Cano 20D
24-105 @ 24mm
1/500
F/16
ISO 400

Exp Comp 0
Hand Held

Peter Farrell
01-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Overall I like it. Looks like nice colors in the water and the sky is great. There appears to be an unusual jog in the horizon adout a quarter of the way from the right side hard to tell if that is natural. Its hard to critique a pano if it is not full size.
Peter

Stu Bowie
01-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks Peter. I see the line you mentioned, and something for me to look for in the future.

Roman Kurywczak
01-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi Stuart,
It is tough to judge a large pano at this small size but I like the bowl of the FG and the color of the water. Again....small version.....maybe a hair dark on the FG but I do like the layers and overall look. Do agree with Peter that maybe the stitch didn't align......but tough to tell at this size. Overall I think you did a nice job!

Dave Mills
01-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi Stuart, As stated would have preferred seeing this larger but the overall comp looks good. I too was wondering about the stitch line. Agree that overall it's an appealing image but would have liked to have seen it a bit brighter.

Lance Warley
01-03-2010, 01:34 PM
I really like your originality in going for the ultra-pano. And the fg bowl of water makes it work.

Good job on a different, less common look.

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Stuart,

I do like the shape of the water. Agree that more tonal separation is needed.

Stu Bowie
01-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions guys. Much appreciated.

Vida van der Walt
01-05-2010, 07:53 AM
This is a first for me. Love this unusual long pano. It captures the expanse of the lagoon so well.:)

Nick Palmieri
01-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Nice composition. I think there may be some glitches in the stitching. If you look about 2/3 from the right in the distant landscape, it does not look natural...could be me since its hard to see these at this size. I have found that using a longer focal length (70-100mm) and a vertical camera position make these panos a lot stronger and lot easier to stitch. Very difficult using a wide angle.

Stu Bowie
01-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Vida, Nick, thanks a stack.

Nick, thanks for pointing out the mis alignment. It is something I will certainly look for before posting.