PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly

Jim Poor
02-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, if it is anything like birds, the head angle is all wrong, but I like it anyway ;)
Wish I had gotten both sides of the wings in focus.

D2X
600 f4
1/160 @ f8

Cloned out a spider web and a couple pieces of plant on the bottom.

John Cooper
02-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Almost an indication for a vertical format Jim! The salmon coloured perch, the dark blue dragonfly and bright green BG make an appealing combination. Yes pity about the other set of wings - could you've moved around to the right more to get the wings parallel to the sensor?

Jeroen Stel
02-19-2008, 04:09 AM
Hi Jim,

Lovely photograph of this Dragonfly with beautiful colours.
I think a vertical crop might make this slightly stronger but do feel having the Dragonfly facing you would be better.

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Tony Kirkby
02-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi Jim

I like this shot. The wings could have been sharper, but with a 600 moving slightly to increase depth of field isn't always an option!

Jim Poor
02-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks everyone. Honestly, I don't remember a whole lot about taking this one and it was from the days when my file organization left a lot to be desired. I could probably figure it out by looking at the images around it on the same day.

Not sure if I could have moved, but back then I probably wouldn't have thought to.

Mike Moats
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey Jim real nice image and a vertical crop came to mind as soon as I open it, and I see others before me thought the same. Well done.

Robert O'Toole
02-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Love the soft colors. Agreed on the Vert comments.

Sometimes you can bracket focus points to get extra sharpness if moving to a more parallel position isnt an option.

Robert