PDA

View Full Version : A thirsty fellow

Steve Kaluski
01-02-2010, 04:49 AM
A different angle to a previous posting.

In the heat of the day the best place to wait for Tigers is by a watering hole and just be patient! To achieve the angle was not something I would advise, but an angle finder does help:D

Harshad please do not try this at home:D:D:D:D:D

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 1/800 f/5.6 ISO 400 (angle finder, hand held)

Harshad Barve
01-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Steve
Such a gorgeous image this is , love the way you have framed tiger and slight motion blurr to tounge makes this LIVE one . Clarity , details , compo spot on as usual
TFS

Harshad please do not try this at home:D:D:D:D:D

I will take this as another tutorial ;)

Ken Watkins
01-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Steve excuse my ignorance but what is an angle finder in relation to photography.

Great image btw

Marc Mol
01-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Steve excuse my ignorance but what is an angle finder in relation to photography.

Great image btw

Was going to ask the same question.
Very nice side portrait Steve.

Steve Kaluski
01-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Here you go guys. Just means that for us 'oldies' we don't need to get down that low.:D

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-Angle-Finder-C-Review.aspx

Steve

Marc Mol
01-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks Steve
I was thinking that that's perhaps what you were talking about. Do you use it very much?
I usually just get down on my knees and pray.:D

Sabyasachi Patra
01-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Nice image Steve! I like it a lot. I guess it would be another two years, before we can think of articulated lcd to wriggle out of such difficult siutations. Any processing done to the background? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

David Fletcher
01-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Brilliant shot Steve and sublime low angle makes it.

DanWalters
01-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Like the close crop. Great texture on the tongue as well.

Sid Garige
01-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Perfect timing Steve. Low angle is working out great here.

Indranil Sircar
01-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Beautifully composed and framed. Love how you have been able to get the motion in the tongue!

Steve Kaluski
01-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment.;)

Hi Sabyasachi, sorry but I am a little unclear about part of your comment, probably just slow this morning. Could you please expand thank you.:)

I guess it would be another two years, before we can think of articulated lcd to wriggle out of such difficult siutations.

Re BG, nothing at all. The only bit that I have done is crop from landscape to portrait, a hint of saturation and minimal sharpening. Hope that helps.;)

Steve

Kiran Khanzode
01-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Steve,
A very clean image with a brilliant low perspective. I love how you squeezed out loads of details for this web sized version. A very different tiger shot.:)

Kiran

Alfred Forns
01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
That low angle made it special Steve .. don't see many like it !!! btw still prefer being on the ground without the angle finder :) Big Congrats !!!!

John Ippolito
01-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Outstanding capture in all regards, Steve. I also don't prefer the angle finder, but on foot in the presence of tigers, lions or grizzlies, I prefer not to be in the prone position, so it was a wise choice. Very, very well done!

Santosh Tigga Saligram
02-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Oh my god, now that is really an in-your-visage image! If it has such devastating impact on the viewer in this size, I really wonder what an overwhelming experience it would be to behold a huge print. Just loved it!